The following information will lead you to the next steps to apply for this benefit.
The application process varies depending on the eligible project. Among the items needed for review and analysis are:
- A business plan for your eligible project.
- Statements providing the current condition and valuation survey (for fishing vessels) and/or a current appraisal for aquaculture, mariculture and shoreside facilities.
- Any and all Federal and state fishing and licensing permits owned or utilized by the eligible project
- A listing of your major customers and credit terms.
- A listing of your major suppliers and credit terms and credit limits.
- If the applicant is corporation, partnership, or limited liability corporation, we will also need a listing of your owners, partners, shareholders, or members; the percent of ownership in the applicant, and their compensation from the applicant; Partnership Agreements; Articles of Incorporation or Organization; Bylaws; an Operating Agreement; Declaration of Corporate Officers; Corporate Resolution authorizing transaction; Certificate of Incumbency; and a Good Standing Certificate from the Secretary of State where applicable.
The first step of the process is to contact your regional Financial Services Branch and discuss your project:
Southeast Financial Services Branch
St. Petersburg, FL 727-824-5377
Northeast Financial Services Branch
Gloucester, MA 978-281-9203
Northwest Financial Services Branch
Seattle, WA 206-526-6122
If after discussing your proposal it appears to meet the program's requirements, you will be sent an application form to complete and submit along with a one-time filing/commitment fee equal to half of one percent of your proposed loan amount.
Program Contact Information